Your Ultimate Packing Guide
As we all kept our fingers and toes crossed for an Indian summer, it didn’t quite turn out that way, with the odd heatwave here and there and grey skies the rest of the month. Either way it’s about time we got our holiday vibes back - whether that be a trip to the spa, staycation in the country or taking a flight to somewhere sunny. Nothing helps us switch off, relax and rewind more than some time away from the house.
For us, after 4 attempts, we flew to Ibiza for a long weekend recently. It felt so good to lie by the pool in the sun and eat endless amounts of food. It felt just like the good old ‘normal’ days pre COVID, other than the packing beforehand, which felt totally out of practice, after spending a year in tracksuits, elastic-waist cycling shorts and oversized tees!
In case you have the same problem as me, I’ve listed this year’s must-haves for the suitcase and things I could not have gone without whilst away, from fashion accessories and my favourite holiday looks to the perfect book to read whilst chilling.
Before anything though, it’s important to note there are extras that need to go on your packing list. To make sure you have everything follow this a list will be your ultimate packing guide to ensure you remember everything:
- Travel documents (including locator forms, vaccination passports and COVID tests)
- Plug adapters (because paying £8 for one at duty free is always painful!)
- Tech (laptop, headphones, chargers)
- Outfits (flat lay you outfits before packing so you don’t overpack and only take what you need)
- Comfy pyjamas (a shorts and shirt style is a fave for holidays)
- Sunglasses and jewellery (to complete your vacay look)
- Handbags and shoes (include this in your outfit planning to pack the right ones)
- Anti bac and face masks (because this is the new normal)
- Make up and toiletries bag (including a good moisturiser and perfume)
- Suncream and bug repellent (for the sunny trips)
- Straighteners (or curlers or both!)
- Beach towel and goggles
My holiday must-haves:
- First up is a classic pair of denim shorts. I can’t help but stick to black outfits on holiday and these frayed shorts are no exception - paired perfectly with any top you have in your wardrobe, dress them up with some heeled sandals or sliders for a dressed down style.
- Talking about sliders, I lived in my pair most of the trip. With autumn drawing in, bag yourself a design similar to these at a bargain price! Styled with a summer dress, denim shorts or for the poolside at the spa, this versatile shoes will accompany you everywhere (until we have to admit summer is over!).
- Magazine - check. Suncream - check. Beach bag to hold it all - check. An oversized style that allows you to cram in everything you ‘might’ need (you never know right!) to the beach or spa with you. Neutral tones will help you match this with again outfit you are planning.
- Gold bold jewellery to glam up your attire is a must in 2021. Whether that’s a girls spa break or poolside chilling, I’m sure you’ll agree that some bling will complete your outfit. We absolutely love this water resistant jewellery brand, with chunky earrings and elegant chains, you’ll be sure to find your go to accessories here.
- Swimwear - do I need to say any more? Swimsuits for the spa and cheeky cut bikinis for sunbathing, in our collection you will find sporty styles, glamorous bathing suits and everything in between.
- Get the perfect poolside Instagram shot without risking your phone. This handy little gem meant I didn’t have to leave my phone unsafe by the beach or pool and came with me on every swim.
- A good read is always hard to find before holiday and if you’re like me, a fiction book doesn’t quite do the job. ‘If in doubt wash your hair’ by Anya Hindmarch has been my favourite so far (talking about all things life as well as her entrepreneurial journey in building a handbag business. Fun, easy reading and insightful). If that isn’t for you, Harper Bazaar or Vogue magazine is always a good choice (the ultimate chill out for the poolside, with huge fashion inspirations as well as fascinating articles).