Summer Capsule Wardrobe 2022
Slow fashion and a capsule wardrobe is the trendiest style you can have. Forget about buying an outfit for one occasion only; instead purchasing statement pieces that can be worn time and time again and that are versatile enough to mix and match with other items.
That being said, when I think of a capsule wardrobe, I think of a trench coat, black blazer, a good pair of jeans, boots.. Everything associated with winter fashion more so than summer. So I’ve digged out my favourite styles for a timeless wardrobe this year, and for many more to come.
- Vests/Tanks. Do I need to say anymore? Having a couple of well made, perfectly fitted vests will allow you to mix and match between colours and styles all summer long. Acting as a base for an outfit or simply tucked in denim shorts, these can help you achieve a casual, yet glam look.
- White Shirt. A staple trend that is never leaving. Worn casually on top of a shorts and vest combo, or dressed up with little heels and flares, a white shirt is the most versatile item you can have in your wardrobe.
- Linen Blazer. For the pub garden evenings or walk home after seeing friends at the park, a linen blazer will help you complete any outfit making for an elegant look of the most basic pieces.
- Tailored Shorts. Giving your wardrobe a luxurious feel, paired with a little heeled sandal and cross over bag for a glam combo without the fear of feeling too dressy. We tend to pull towards cream when it comes to these shorts, however play with the colours you find making sure your other items can be worn with them.
- Denim Shorts. Formally known for their casual style, denim shorts made the biggest come back but not just for the beach trip. A well fitted paid of denim shorts will take you from running errands on a Saturday morning to a beach walk in the afternoon to a summer party evening with a blazer over your shoulders. Dress up or dress down, these can be your most worn this summer.
- High Waisted Trousers. Take your pick from a wide leg linen style or stretchy flares. Either way trousers are great for when it's a little too hot for jeans (plus an elastic waist is a total win for us whatever the weather!)
- Coloured Smock Dress. When shorts, jeans or trousers don’t cut it, an oversized dress, either midi or maxi, will have you feeling cool this summer (so long as the British sun makes an appearance!). Depending on the occasion you can pair with heeled sandals, trainers or flip flops for a different look each time.
- Black T-shirt Dress. For the comfy days, the hot days and the everyday in between.. I am not sure when the oversized t-shirt made an appearance but it certainly isn’t leaving any time soon.
- Black Denim Jacket. Sunrise walks and sunset cocktails, a denim jacket will be by your side all summer long.
We’d love to hear from you. Tag us in your staple pieces this summer to help us all step away from the fast fashion trap and into a sustainable way of living.